Saturday, March 19, 2022

The Outlaws - Outlaws (1975) ... rediscovered!!


Bought it because I broke it!!

Another record that takes me many years back, when as a young student I used to visit one of the few record stores in the city where I grew up. I listened to the records and chose songs to make mixtapes. One day, carrying a stack of records, I stubled and they all fell to the ground. The owner got a little annoyed and started checking them one by one. "Congratulations, I just decided that you’ll buy Outlaws" he told me with a smile and handed me the record, which was the only one that had cracks on the surface. I took it home and put it on my dad's old turntable. I listened for a while but the leap of the needle that ran through the damaged grooves of the disc made it impossible to continue listening. It remained on my shelf for several years, until I found it again and bought it for a second time.

So today, it's time to get it off the shelf again for another listening, fortunately, without the needle scratches.

Enjoy it!!

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Manolis, thanks for the music and especially the story. THAT is what I really enjoy about blogs - personal experiences behind the music. I'm sorry you had a record shop owner like that. Our small little town had the greatest (music) shop, run by a local family (mom, dad, and a son). The mom was the greatest. I got royal treatment, even when I was eleven years old! lol. During my youth, I spent the majority of my earned income (paperboy, working for my dad, pin-setter, etc) in their store. Although I've never had an accident in their store, I'm pretty confident to say that if I dropped a record and it cracked, she would take it back and tell the distributor that's how the record looked after opening. Yep, I'm sure of it.

    Thanks again Manolis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comment George. Every time I recall a (happy or sad)memory from my childhood or adolescence, I find that most of the time a song or something related to music is hidden behind it.

      Delete